TerraNubis is a cloud-based portal for buying, selling and interpreting seismic data sets and interpretations.
The portal is developed and maintained by dGB Earth Sciences, the developers of OpendTect seismic interpretation software.
TerraNubis is a commercial marketplace for value-added seismic products. Value-added products can be anything from data that is already uploaded into certain software systems, to re-processed data sets, inverted volumes, merged volumes, projects with digital interpretations (horizons, faults, etc.), petro-physical logs, well markers, interpretation reports, and so on.
Anyone with the right to sell such value-added products can do so through TerraNubis, at the price for which they wish to sell. Entries on TerraNubis are free-of-charge. Data can be stored by the Seller on any remote location with a high-speed Internet connection, or data can be stored on TerraNubis at storage costs.
An important aspect of TerraNubis is the possibility to create derivative work. For example, someone performed a seismic interpretation and makes this interpretation including all data files and interpreted grids available as a project for sale in TerraNubis. The seller permits 3rd parties to create derivative work for this project. This is a free choice for every project on sale. It means that any expert can work on this data set to create additional value-added products without paying the seller. Under this agreement it is explicitly forbidden to use the data for anything else then for creating derivative work. The derivative work has to be sold exclusively via TerraNubis in combination with the original project.
Any geoscientific data set and any derived product can be sold through TerraNubis. If you have the right to sell such products and you agree to our terms & conditions than we invite you to add your product to the TerraNubis marketplace. This is how it works:
- You contact TerraNubis to inform us about your project(s)
- We sign a Reseller Agreement
- You send us meta-data (text, area polygon, images, 3D PDF)
- We create an entry that you will QC
- The data is uploaded to the cloud:
- Either you upload the data to your own private space and you send us a link from where a buyer can download, or
- You send us the data that we will upload to TerraNubis and you pay us for annual storage costs
- Optionally, we can create a subset of the (seismic) data that can be viewed interactively by potential buyers. This option is offered at a surcharge.
- When someone buys your data:
- The client pays us and we pay you
- After receipt of the money the client receives a temporary download link
Please use an up to date version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge (on Windows) or Safari (on Mac)